Friday, May 7, 2010

Funny moments

We had a few funny moments this week with these guys.
- Fin and Maks were in the playroom sharing a bean bag... Fin leaned over to Maks and kissed him on the cheek. He said "I luv bue." It was priceless.
- After leaving swim lessons the other day, we were still in the car and heading out for some errands. Maks had to tinkle really bad and was holding himself. I told him to hold tight while I find a potty where we could stop. Maks' answer was" look- grass- over there." It made me chuckle, but sure enough, I pulled over and let him tinkle.

They are really starting to speak a lot. In fact, that's the most common question we get from everyone... "how is their English coming along?" It's great... we don't use any Russian in the house anymore, and not because we don't want to. We just don't need to. Occassionally they'll say one or two words- kravat (bed), ni (no/ not), and of course kaka (poop)- if you can call that Russian.

Mark's birthday was this week, so the boys and I went out during the day to grab a few presents and an ice cream cake. We enjoyed ourselves. That morning, we were talking about plans for the day and getting a present for Papa. Maks responded with "2 presents"... just to be sure he had one too. We laughed and he said "presents are fun!"

Some recent visitors... Mimi came for a long weekend. We had a great visit, although Maks was recovering from being really sick. Aunt Char, or as the boys call her, Char Char, came the following weekend. I included some pictures for you. We went to the zoo, as you can see in the pictures. That big rooster snuck up on Fin- it was hysterical! 

Maks has started soccer and the boys have been in swim lessons for a few weeks. They absolutely love all of their activities. In the morning on some days, they'll continue to ask to get into the car, so they know they are on their way to their fun for the day. Maks will start t-ball soon too- that's going to be great!

1 comment:

  1. I love all the sports- these boys are going to be superstars!

    ReplyDelete